The modern office is full of sounds. Especially the open office layout poses some challenges for workers trying to stay focused on their work in the midst of the everyday hustle and bustle. That’s why soundproof office pods and other such solutions have gained much popularity and appreciation in offices, both by managers and employees. And for a good reason.
The soundproof office pod helps employees escape distractions and have meetings in private, all the while improving their productivity and well-being at the workplace. Unfortunately, just about any soundproof office pod, phone booth or focus room will not do and the quality of soundproofing and acoustic insulation may not always meet the standards.
How do office pods insulate sound?
The task of a soundproof office pod may seem simple: Keep outside noise out while keeping sound inside the pod. However, how this is achieved is far from simple. One great challenge in establishing the perfect acoustics and soundproof insulation is finding the balance between internal acoustics and just the right level of soundproofing. Too little soundproofing and the outside noise can be heard inside. Too much and the sound inside gets muffled and difficult to hear. The things like ventilation and lighting add their own challenges into the mix.
Framery’s soundproofing materials include:
- Painted steel panels. These are used on the outside surface of the pod and contribute a great deal to the way the pod looks.
- Sound-control laminated glass. The right kind of glass not only lets in light and allows users to see out, but it also contributes to soundproofing acoustics.
- Steel and aluminium frames. The frame is like the skeleton of the pod that keeps all other parts together.
- Recycled acoustic foam. The acoustic foam used in the pod’s walls and roof are great for absorbing sounds. The right amount acoustic foam in combination with other materials creates a perfect balance of sound insulation and acoustics.
- Fabric interior panels. The interior panels with a fabric surface also contribute to the pod’s soundproofing as well as interior design.
- Anti-static floor carpet. The correct materials make the pod’s floor pleasant under the foot but also stain-resistant
To find out more about our range of Framery products follow the link below
be the first to knoW!
Be part of our mailing list to access new product releases, latest trends, exclusive discounts and more!